Super Sourdough Supplies
Wood Pulp Banneton - Triangular
- Premium thick walls keep dough temperature constant
- Easy to clean and maintain, ages beautifully. Lasts a lifetime if treated well.
- Absolutely no chemicals used; all natural spruce wood pulp from Germany
- Cloth lining is not necessary
- Create gorgeous textured crusts with the grooved patterns on the basket
- Made in Germany with German spruce wood
*Bannetons which are suitable for 750g breads can accommodate up to 1000g breads.
- The wood pulp used to make this banneton is a natural product made from fresh spruce wood, which is free of any chemical additives and is produced in a purely physical way.
- The fresh tree trunks, which come from sustainable forestry, are pressed against rotating stone rollers while being supplied with water. The wood structure is broken up and a fiber material is created from molecules of cellulose attached to one another. All other wood components, such as lignin, which is a natural wood adhesive, are retained.
- You may recognize this by the light yellow-brown discoloration of the shape, as lignin is responsible for the yellowing caused by heat during drying or by sunlight. This yellowing is therefore not a defect but evidence of the natural state of the wood pulp used.
- Water is used to produce a pulp from the wood pulp. For each bread form we have a separate pressing tool into which the pulp is filled. Under strong pressure, the water is pressed out of the fiber pulp in the pressing tool and the fresh bread form is created from the compressed fiber material.
- During the subsequent drying process, the cellulose fibers cross-link and knot and thus give the shape its mechanical stability. After drying, the rough edges of the molds are sanded and a quality control is carried out, after which the molds are ready for dispatch.